By now, it is obvious that you know enough about hard hat safety. So, it is obvious that you would have bought one; and that too from one of the most reputed stores around you in order to make sure you get the best quality product. However, there is no use of buying an expensive and quality product, if you do not take care of it.
So, once you have bought a hard hat, it is your property and you have to take care of it, in order to give it a longer life. Your hard hat accessories will prove to be an investment, only when you clean and maintain them regularly, so that they last longer.
If you are not aware of how to clean your hard hat or how to take care of your hard hat liner, msa, decals, safety sticker or any other accessories, this one is going to be extremely useful and interesting for you, as it will provide you some of the most important maintenance tips for the same….
1. One of the most important tips is for the people living in the places that have extreme weather conditions. It is not advisable to store your hard hat in extremely hot or cool climate. For example: it is not a good idea to keep it at the back deck of your car, as the UV rays of the sun will damage it and it will shorten the life of hard hat.
2. After a long day hard work, it is quite obvious that it will get dirty. Well, you must wash it then, but not randomly. The best way to wash it is using mild soap and lukewarm water. You can remove the dirt and dust using the mild detergent and then rinse it softly with the lukewarm water. It is strictly not allowed to use the solvent chemicals, strong detergent or anything which affect its resistance adversely. It is always a good idea to call the manufacturer and ask him; whenever you are in doubt; instead of taking a risk.
3. Once you have washed it, it is always advisable not to forget to wipe the shell till its dry and make sure you look for signs of damage in the shell and suspension system.
4. It is important for you to know that the suspension system is as important as the shell of the hard hat. So, you must know that you should be replacing the suspension system every year, even if it is in the good condition, in order to maintain the level of protection.
5. You should never forget inspection process; make sure you look for cracks, torn headband and other signs of wear and tear regularly.
Now that you are aware of some of the most important cleaning and maintenance tips and tricks, it is advisable for you to make sure that you take care of your hard hat and make it last as long as possible, in the same condition as you had bought it. Good luck for the same!
Image credit: https://goo.gl/TBUAKv